Monday, November 9, 2015

Gratitude Challenge Day 5


Something tells me that this might be my longest list yet. 

  • green curry shrimp (on my list for the second time this month) 
  • Boom Chicka Pop popcorn
  • Oreos (also on my list for the second time this month)
  • iFratelli's veggie pizza
  • Pizza Hut thin crust pepperoni pizza
  • my Dad's spaghetti
  • sushi (especially Spider Rolls) 
  • tacos (any and all tacos) 
  • pad thai
  • pad see ew
  • vanilla coffee
  • Chuy's Creamy Jalepeno dressing 
  • Babe's chicken
  • anything from Anamia's (especially Kelly's Queso & Ricky Tacos) 
  • iced tea
  • vanilla ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, salted caramel ice cream
  • French fries
  • fried pickles
  • roasted artichokes
  • Snap Kitchen's Anti-Oxident Beet-Apple juice
  • shrimp cocktail
  • lobster with melted butter
  • ahi tuna salad
  • cheese (any and all of it)
I'm making an executive decision here: It's far too difficult to pick just one of these scrumptious treats to crown "That For Which I'm Most Grateful". So, I'm switching gears. 

Instead, I'll focus on the fact that I have so many kinds of foods to choose from on my list. I realize that it's quite remarkable that I've had the chance to taste and try so many different kinds of foods and that so many of my favorites are readily available for dinner on any given night. I'm beyond blessed. I'm well-fed and I'm able to provide for myself. I have a working kitchen where I can cook and prepare foods, and I have a working car with which I can drive myself to a variety of restaurants complete with To Go menus. I'm not only given the luxury of feeling full and satisfied each night, but I have choice in what I want to eat and the means with which to make healthy and educated decisions about the food I put into my body. I have much to be thankful for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment