Thursday, November 5, 2015

Gratitude Challenge - Day 3

Very small things for which I am very grateful:
  • my Apple TV remote
  • eyeballs
  • my contacts
  • the key to my apartment
  • my car key
  • spare keys
  • my ring that used to be my grandmother's 
  • my wishbone charm 
  • my medicine 
  • erasers
  • raindrops 
  • ladybugs
  • my pearl earrings
  • punctuation 
  • my brand new baby niece, Emily


"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." 

This is one of those quotes that I've heard a hundred times, and I don't even know who said it. Maybe it's an anonymous quote. Either way, I think there's some truth to it. 

When I think about all of the teeny tiny things on my list, I can't pick one that I'm most thankful for. With some of these things, there's no way to rank one above the other. 

So instead, I'll tell you about my favorite ring. I always admired my grandmother's jewelry. Bebe had the prettiest rings, adorned with gemstones and pearls, and she always had a new pair of earrings for a new outfit. She was always dressed to the nines and was widely known as a classy, Southern lady. 

One of my favorite piece of her jewelry was a simple silver ring with a light aqua stone. Luckily for me, I got to keep that ring when she passed away. Every time I wear it, I think of Bebe and her classy style. It reminds me to hold my head high, to speak kindly and intelligently, and to smile. It's a beautiful ring from a beautiful woman that reminds me of many a beautiful memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment